So, on with the categories
1. Young Adult
Any book classified as young adult or featuring a teenage protagonist counts for this category.
2. T.B.R. **
Intended to help reduce the old T.B.R. pile. Books for this category must be already residents of your bookshelves as of 1/11/09.
3. Shiny & New
Bought a book NEW during 2010 from a bookstore, online, or a supermarket? Then it counts for this category. Second-hand books do not count for this one, but, for those on book-buying bans, books bought for you as gifts or won in a giveaway also count!
4. Bad Blogger’s ***
Books in this category, should be ones you’ve picked up purely on the recommendation of another blogger count for this category (any reviews you post should also link to the post that convinced you give the book a go).
Support your local charity shops with this category, by picking up books from one of their shops. Again, for those on book- buying bans, books bought for you as gifts also count, as long as they were bought from a charity shop.
6. New in 2010
This category is for those books newly published in 2010 (whether it be the first time it is has been released, or you had to wait for it to be published in your country, it counts for this one!)
7. Older Than You
Read two books that were published before you were born, whether that be the day before or 100 years prior!
8. Win! Win!
Have a couple of books you need to read for another challenge? Then this is the category to use, as long that is, you don’t break the rules of the other challenge by doing so!
9. Who Are You Again?
This one isn’t just for authors you’ve never read before, this is for those authors you have never even heard of before!
10.Up to You!
The requirements for this category are up to you! Want to challenge yourself to read some graphic novels? A genre outside your comfort zone? Something completely wild and wacky? Then this is the category to you. The only requirement is that you state it in your sign-up post.
Sounds totally fun, right?
Cat 1: Young Adult
1. Pretties by Scott Westerfield
2. Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer
Cat 2: TBR**
1. B is for Burglar by Sue Grafton
2. C is for Corpse by Sue Grafton
Cat 3: Shiny & New
1. Old Friends and New Fancies by Sybil G Brinton
2. Girl Next Door by Elizabeth Noble
Cat 4: Bad Blogger’s **
1. Handmaiden’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
2. Beowulf on the Beach by Jack Murnighan
Cat 5: Charity
1. Empire Falls by Richard Russo
2. Light on Snow by Anita Shreve
Cat 6: New in 2010
1. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest
2. Game Change by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin
Cat 7: Older Than You
1. Emma by Jane Austen
2. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Cat 8: Win! Win!
1. Animal, Vegetable, Mineral by Barbara Kingsolver
2. I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max
Cat 9: Who Are You Again?
1. Heartless by Alison Gaylin
2. Stealing with Style by Emily Jenkins
Cat 10: Up to You (I have no idea yet what I will pick here)
1. Watchmen by Alan Moore/David Gibbons
2. John Adams by David McCullough